So I’ve seen a few tutorials about where you use food netting as a kind of stencil to create a reptilian pattern. I tried it with some netting that came off my garlic bulbs as I felt that it had the Goldilocks of weaves – not too large not too small. As this was still an experiment, a few things did go wrong therefore I didn’t quite nail it. The things I have learned from my trial are as follows;
– Don’t over load your sponge, I sometimes had too much polish on my sponge meaning it ran under the netting losing the pattern (most noticeable on my ring finger).
– Make sure the netting is secure. I used masking tape to attach it to my fingers but I don’t think this was sticky enough, it lifted up eventually resulting in a lost pattern (combined with too much polish made for a bad result..)
– Be careful of how you place the netting on each nail. As my netting was stretchy and expandable, I ended up with inconsistencies in my pattern shape. As you can see it was sometimes more rhombus shaped, or squiggly wiggly. (That ring finger really was a fail…)
Over-all it wasn’t too bad for a first attempt, but I would like a re-sit please.