So all I can see are udders. I’m sorry, but once I stopped painting and looked at my nails, I did find it quite funny but ultimately was like ‘eeww, no’. The base is smoothed out foil from the little pots of ‘nail jewels’ I purchased from Wilkos. I’ve used it before as flakes but wondered what look it would give over the whole nail, and I think it looks pretty cool! (Check out my instagram for how the foil looked by itself) ‘Candy Floss’ is actually quite a nice pink and applied quite thickly.
So this is the first time I have used the ‘acid wash’ technique. I used ‘Iced Frappe’ for the base (two coats), then ‘Candy Floss’ (two coats) and then ‘Pillow Fight’ (two coats). I enjoyed doing this technique, but there were a few factors that could have enhanced my experience;
1) More patience – I didn’t wait until each coat was dry, therefore by the 6th coat when I dabbed on my acetone soaked cotton bud it dragged rather than removed in some places. This also could have meant I wasn’t dabbing gently enough.
2) It could look more effective with other colours, but as I’ve said I’m getting through all my ‘yet to try’ minis from the Ciate calendar.
I’d totally love to try this technique again though!