So after my previous reviews, BornPrettyStore gave me the opportunity again to pick a few more products to review. (I also placed a personal order which will hopefully arrive soon, including something I’m super excited about.) The first of the items that I chose were these Hollow Out Hexagons*. They are available in twelve colours, but when I saw colour #0514 I immediately knew what I was going to do with them, you could have probably guessed before seeing the results – a bees honeycomb!
They come in a lovely little pot, keeping everything tidy. As well as the hexagons themselves, you get the little cut out sections too which is an added bonus and would be great for other glitter placement designs.
The hexagons are described as being ‘Ultra Thin’ – ultra might be a little bit of hyperbole, but they are certainly thin and more so than others I’ve seen. I used a slower drying top coat to stick the hexagons down and then top coated with ‘Seche Vite’. As you can see from the photos the hexagons don’t stick up or anything proving they are indeed very thin. (But I can’t quite bring myself to say ‘Ultra’, I don’t think I’ve ever said ‘Ultra’ for anything.)
With them being really thin, it was also easy to cut them. This meant I could trim them to the appropriate shape to continue the design to the edges of my nails. It just made the design look finished and a whole lot better!
You guys know I love bugs and creepy crawlies right? I have animals, bug objects and wilderness in my house everywhere. I couldn’t resist the opportunity to pose with this metal bumblebee who lives in my garden – it was the perfect mani to include him in!
Over all I’m really impressed with these;
– They are super thin which means no catching once top coated (Hooray, cause there’s nothing worse than catchy nails! It gives me the heebiejeebies)
– Easy to cut meaning you can continue the design right up to the nail edge.
– The colour didn’t bleed from the hexagons with Seche Vite as the top coat, I’m not sure how other brands would fair though.
– The little pot they come in is easily stored and there are tonnes in it. (There’s no way I’m counting them!)
– The cut out sections are included, meaning a little added bonus for your bucks.
Have yous ordered anything from Born Pretty Store yet? Remember to use the code ‘AZYW10’ to get 10% off your order! (Full price products only)
*This product was given to me for free for review.