So this is the first time I have used the ‘acid wash’ technique. I used ‘Iced Frappe’ for the base (two coats), then ‘Candy Floss’ (two coats) and then ‘Pillow Fight’ (two coats). I enjoyed doing this technique, but there were a few factors that could have enhanced my experience;
1) More patience – I didn’t wait until each coat was dry, therefore by the 6th coat when I dabbed on my acetone soaked cotton bud it dragged rather than removed in some places. This also could have meant I wasn’t dabbing gently enough.
2) It could look more effective with other colours, but as I’ve said I’m getting through all my ‘yet to try’ minis from the Ciate calendar.
I’d totally love to try this technique again though!